Killer Keto Frittata
This simple keto frittata is loaded with good stuff and you’ll never miss the potatoes.
My wife Lisa is the master at the low-carb breakfast. Ever since we honeymooned in Spain, my wife and I have always appreciated a great frittata. The Barcelona Wine Bar in West Hartford, CT is where we usually go to get our frittata fix, complete with a dollop of fresh sour cream. Those off-the-rails carbs however are usually reserved for the weekend.
This Killer Keto Frittata makes a great late night snack after a night out with friends – we’re too old for Denny’s!
Back to breakfast! You can adjust the ingredients to your taste and you can swap out one veggie for another – same goes for the cheeses. I’ve included my favorites below – pick two or three and go for it.
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tbs. half n half
- 1/2 medium onion - chopped
- 1/3 cup leeks - chopped
- 4 asparagus spears - 1/4 inch chop
- 1 cup broccoli - rough chopped
- 1.25 cups cheese shredded (swiss, smoked swiss, gouda, smoked gouda, fontina, cheddar)
- 1 tsp. Fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. butter - divided
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt 1/2 the butter In a 9 inch non-stick, oven-safe pan on med-low heat saute' veggies slow - about 8 min.
- In a bowl whisk eggs & half and half.
- Add salt and pepper and stir in shredded cheese.
- Stir in veggies to the bowl with the eggs.
- Add rest of the butter to the pan and melt on low heat.
- Pour the eggs, cheese and veggie mix into the hot pan.
- Slowly scramble mixture until lose curds form and eggs are almost set - About 3 minutes.
- Finish in oven under broiler on high until eggs begin to brown - about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.