Lisa’s Amazing Egg Bowl
So here we are starting the new year off eating right… right? My wife’s amazing egg bowl is just what we all need this time of year. I’m making sure I am back in ketosis as one too many holiday treats and splurges have me, and I imagine many of you, feeling a little more gravitational pull than we did before the holidays. This breakfast egg bowl recipe will become a new favorite as it has become mine and anyone else who has tried this perfect morning combination.
- 1.5 cups baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup of ripe tomato - cubed
- 1/4 cup avocado - about 1/4 of an avocado - cubed
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1/8 tsp seasoned salt - Borsari is our favorite.
- 2 strips of bacon - crisp (optional)
- In a small bowl covered, microwave spinach for 30 seconds.
- Add butter to spinach and toss.
- Top with tomato and avocado.
- Season with Borsari or your favorite seasoned salt.
- Top with 2 eggs - fried or poached and add cottage cheese.
- Crumble bacon on top. (optional)
- The bacon is optional and without it the nutrition is only: Calories: 275, Fat: 18g, Protein: 20g, Carbs: 9g
- You can find Borsari at Big Y - we like the original black label version - Sea salt, garlic, basil, rosemary, black pepper, nutmeg