Salmon Hash and Eggs
Breakfast is clearly the most important part of our day here at our home. How you start your day can set the tone, your energy level and your attitude for the challenges of the day. This morning creation from my wife Lisa is one of those that I hope to be awake for whenever she is whipping up her now famous Salmon Hash and Eggs.
I usually try to scheme the night before by having some left over Salmon from dinner that I strategically place in front of the egg carton in the fridge in hopes she does the math come morning. I like all things hash and the silky mouth feel a pair of over easy eggs adds makes this experience decadent. Keeping keto, you have to forgo the traditional white potatoes found in most hash. But I promise, with this recipe, you won’t miss them.
If you like things spicy you can always add some jalepenos to the mix. I also have been recently experimenting with some smoked salts which add a nice dimension. Have fun… It’s breakfast!
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers - red, orange, yellow - diced
- 1/4 cup fennel - diced
- 1/2 cup portabella mushroom - diced
- 1/4 cup onion - chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet potato - small diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme - diced
- 1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup cooked salmon
- 2 eggs - over easy or poached
- 1 tbsp green onions chopped for garnish
- In a pan on med heat melt butter and add first 5 ingredients.
- Sautee until veggies are caramelized about 8 minutes.
- Add paprika and thyme, salt and pepper - mix well.
- Cook your eggs.
- While eggs are cooking, add the salmon to the hash and mix in until up to temperature.
- Serve hash with eggs on top right away.
- Top with green onions and salt and pepper to taste