Brussel Sprout Hash with Proscuitto Gremolata and Eggs
A Keto Friendly brussel sprout hash worth waking up to.
I got the wake-up call this morning… “3 minutes to breakfast!” This is always a good thing as my wife is a jedi-master of the breakfast arts. This morning was no exception. Waiting upon my arrival to the kitchen was this most curious and enticing looking dish of Brussel Sprout Hash fully dressed. It was so good I just had to share it with you. A great start for a Sunday morning. Good morning all!
- 1.5 cups brussel sprouts - Approximately 12 coarsely sliced
- 1/4 cup fennel (anis) - thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup poblano pepper - thinly sliced
- 2 tsp jalapeno pepper - fine chopped
- 1/4 cup onion - 1/2 small onion - fine chopped
- 1 large garlic clove - fine chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- fresh ground salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Prosciutto - about 3 slices - chopped
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1.5 tbsp fresh cilantro - chopped
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 poached eggs
- Slowly saute' sprouts, fennel, peppers, onion, garlic on low - med heat with butter.
- When wilted add cream.
- Turn up heat to brown the bottom of the hash.
- Add fresh ground salt and pepper.
- On med heat crisp and brown Proscuitto and pine nuts.
- Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop.
- Add to chopped cilantro and lemon zest and mix well.
- Poach 4 eggs.
- Plate brussel sprout hash.
- Top with 2 poached eggs.
- Top eggs with Gremolata.